Once again, an article in Tootlafrance.ie was honoured at the French Media Awards in Dublin last night – this time getting the prize for the Best Wine & Gastronomy Feature.
The awards were held at a glittering ceremony held last week at The Medley in the old Irish Times Building in central Dublin.
Although Tootlafrance editor Conor Power was unable to attend, there was a great turnout from the ranks of the travel writing media in Ireland, as well as representatives from several regions in France.
During the first couple of hours of the evening, Irish travel writers and editors got the chance to meet representatives from the Pays de la Loire, Normandy, Nausicaa, Nice, Lourdes, Brittany and Atout France.
The winners were announced at the gala dinner, which was attended by all of the aforementioned, as well as representatives of the French Embassy and, of course, the organisers Travel Media who once again, pulled a great night out of the hat.
And the winners were…
- Best culture feature: David Burke, The Tuam Herald
- Best sport and activity feature: Eddie Coffey, Irish Daily Mail
- Best wine and gastronomy feature: Conor Power, Toot La France
- Best city break feature: Danny McElhinney, Irish Daily Mail
- Best destination feature: Margaret Ward, The Irish Times